Petal Picking: I love my job, not so much, I love my job, not so much...

This blog is meant to be an account of the daily events of my college internship and a floriculture educational tool. And as much as I want this to focus on the floral industry and the advantages of real world work experience that are offered through participating in an internship, I have a feeling it might become a slightly comical view into my personal life as a tree huggin', plant lovin', flower pickin', dirt diggin' horticulturist... I'll let you be the judge.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Week of May 1st - Dizzy Daisy

Oh, how I love months that start on Sundays!  Not only is it the beginning of a week but its the beginning of a new month... so for all those of us who have slowly (or abruptly) fallen off our resolution wagons, its like new year's all over again! :)

This week I was all over the place.  Saturday was the aforementioned wedding, which was a success.  Here are a few more photos from Franklin Plaza where it took place....

  Japanese/Chinese Lanterns are a HUGE hit at many events right now.  If lit, they provide a nice glow to add to the overall ambiance, and if not lit they still make a nice point of interest.  
The second photo is a take on our ever popular candy bar.  We use the color scheme of the event/wedding and create an all you can eat candy buffet with take out containers.  A sweet favor for the guests (and for us employees, the candy levels are Always a little lower by the time we deliver the containers to the venue...)

The beginning part of the week was spent in a final rush to get our Vanguard Show House rooms completed because the house opened for public viewing on Wednesday the 3rd.  Again, as you have seen, we decorated the library, (you already saw finished photos of that) and the front outdoor patio... here's a sneak peak.



I don't know about you, but I would sit out there and certainly enjoy my time doing so.

By the end of the week, things had slowed down a little bit, so I got a change to bust out my designing tools again and create door swags until my heart was content.  So I played all day Friday behind my design station coming up with funky color combos and cool botanical compilations.  This is what I ended up with...




Each swag had an identical twin for the purpose of french doors or large double front doors.

All in all, a 7 petal week

No comments:

Post a Comment