Petal Picking: I love my job, not so much, I love my job, not so much...

This blog is meant to be an account of the daily events of my college internship and a floriculture educational tool. And as much as I want this to focus on the floral industry and the advantages of real world work experience that are offered through participating in an internship, I have a feeling it might become a slightly comical view into my personal life as a tree huggin', plant lovin', flower pickin', dirt diggin' horticulturist... I'll let you be the judge.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Week of April 17th - Just a Daisy

This week signals the true start of our wedding season.  We did a nice sized wedding at the the National Dance Museum in Saratoga.  The colors were hot pink and aqua, not my first choice, but it looked very nice once done.  We did the ceremony flowers, the cake flowers, the personal flowers and the reception flowers.  The ceremony is held in the atrium, then all the guests move down to the east wing for a cocktail hour while we scurry around flipping the atrium into the reception.  Very intense, but so gratifying when the bride and groom walk in and are overwhelmed with excitement.  Here's what it looked like...













No comments:

Post a Comment