Petal Picking: I love my job, not so much, I love my job, not so much...

This blog is meant to be an account of the daily events of my college internship and a floriculture educational tool. And as much as I want this to focus on the floral industry and the advantages of real world work experience that are offered through participating in an internship, I have a feeling it might become a slightly comical view into my personal life as a tree huggin', plant lovin', flower pickin', dirt diggin' horticulturist... I'll let you be the judge.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Week of April 3rd. - Dilapidated Daisy

Open house week was supposed to be over.....
Well, not so much, this week is the wholesale open house.  All of our product has a retail price bracket and a wholesale price.  The wholesale price is given to people who have given us their DBA and/or business card.  They are mostly other florists, hobby shop owners, crafters, and interior designers.  The entire store was marked at the 50% off pricing, plus they received an additional 10% off.  We were mobbed, people had to stand in the checkout lines for up to half an hour.  So we sent Ron out to entertain them, and then when that proved fruitless, we started serving wine... that helped.  
After all of these open house happenings the rest of this week was spent cleaning and reorganizing, and recouping.
7 Petal Week

No comments:

Post a Comment