Petal Picking: I love my job, not so much, I love my job, not so much...

This blog is meant to be an account of the daily events of my college internship and a floriculture educational tool. And as much as I want this to focus on the floral industry and the advantages of real world work experience that are offered through participating in an internship, I have a feeling it might become a slightly comical view into my personal life as a tree huggin', plant lovin', flower pickin', dirt diggin' horticulturist... I'll let you be the judge.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Still the Week of March 28th...

    This week is never ending... We finished our library room in the Vanguard House, just in time for the Times Union, Her Life, and @Home to photograph the house for their publications.  Thursday night signals the beginning of our Spring Open House.  
     My bosses, Rudy and David, are members and committee chairs for an organization called SWEPNY, Society of Wedding and Event Planners of New York.  This organization has decided to host a bridal show of sorts, with a twist... its going to be held in the fashion runway format!  50 exclusive brides were invited to the event.
    So Wednesday and Thursday my job was to help convert an old abandoned church into a fashion runway.
    Contributing companies were Angela's Bridal and Northeastern Fine Jewelers, and of course Experience & Creative Design and Tablecloths for Granted.  Angela's supplied the models and the dresses, Northeastern supplied the jewelry, Experience made the fresh and faux personal, body and hair flowers and was in charge of set design, and Tablecloths for Granted supplied cocktail tables, chair covers and linens. 
    I stood backstage with Mary and prepped the models for their entrance onto the stage and then gathered the flowers from them as they re-entered the backstage area.  The music and lighting were very cool, it had a feel of a real fashion show, so much fun, can't wait for the next one.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment